Saturday, October 11, 2008

Joe in the Wild










As  many of you know a very good friend and also big supporter of CTC, Joe Merrell, is out visiting until late October.  It's been really good to just hang.  We spent a few days this week exposing Ghetto Joe to the wilds of Kenya, the Masai Mara.   We spent two nights at this fabulous ranch/farm on the edge of the reserve.  The bandas were amazing with Joe even having a bathtub that overlooked the Mara River.  Damn Joe life is good :)  It was a dude trip with another bud, John Mazor, Joe and I.  We spent a full day on drives looking for the big five: lion, buffalo, elephant, rhino and leopard.  And we did it!!!!  I included a few great shots of some of the wildlife, the boys on top of the Pajero and some shots of the place we stayed.  It's truly a blessing to spend time with good friends in a place in Africa that is touched by so much beauty.  The trip was such a gift.  The nights around the fire bullshitting, and if you know me well you know that is A LOT, were some of the best times.  I really also enjoyed watching Joe see it for the first time.  We saw so many Discovery shows on these places and to see them first hand blows your mind.  I think there were many times Joe was left speechless.    

To see these animals in the wild, it hits hard that they should never be kept in zoos.  It's not right as these animals are too majestic for that crap.  OK I'm going to stop writing now, I think the pictures tell the whole story.    Can't wait for my bro to come in December.  You get to see this too LUKE :)

2 comments:

wild said...

Fantastic pictures! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Hello Nephew,



I just finished reading through the whole blog.



I am choked up, teary eyed and full of pride for you. My heart is warm from what I've read.



You have shown great growth. You are experiencing more in a short time than many people will not even come close to touching in a lifetime.



Giving is a gift. The gift of giving.



Hat in hand to you Nathan Otoole, hat in hand.



Much love,



Your Uncle