Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Bosch Boys




So here's the story.  Weeks ago the windshield wipers on the Pajero broke.  Motor went out.  Now in the "West" getting that part and fixing it would be as easy as an appointment.  But just before Joe, John and I were to leave for the trip to the Mara and go on game drives I took it to that "appointment". Which included driving around to every possible Mitsubishi dealer to find a replacement motor.   I think you can already guess, never happened.  Well as this is Kenya and you need to make it work, the boys did.  An idea, inspiration really out of desperation.  Basically, Joe and I figured we could make our own wipers.  You can call us the Bosch Boys.  As you can see from the pics we took a heavy twine and tied a line to each wiper.  Joe held one and I held the other as he was the wingman and I drove.  When it rained I would pull to the right, and Joe pulled back.  Now as crazy as this sounds it actually worked.  Most of the time.  This all assumed Joe and I had our shit together to pay attention.  If one was off the whole system seemed to fail.  So really it all came down to our team.   Oh and another technical problem, it was raining pretty hard on a dirt road.  If you hit a big puddle made in a huge pot hole and it rushes over the windshield, the Bosch System seems to over load.  We're working on that technical issue.  You are more than welcome to use the new system but be warned it is patented so please reference the creaters so we don't have to send the Kenyan Secret Police :)

No comments: