Monday, December 8, 2008

I'm Back !!!!!!

Hello Everyone!!! So sorry if I have been quiet for awhile, I went home at my 6 month to visit family. Thanksgiving has never been so good....I really never felt that writing about home was all that interesting to you so I've been MIA. But I just arrived into Kenya and back to the swing of things. Today was our Monday weekly staff meeting which serves as a sounding board for the managers of projects to voice their opinions and supply updates. So many great things happening and I will be updating the blog this week with pics.

Tomorrow, Tuesday, is going to be both a sad and exciting day for me. Weird here how that seems to always be the case. First the sad part. Alison Costain, our Kenya National Director, is leaving for good. Well, I know she'll be back to visit and be part of CTC always so FOR GOOD is always relative. But she's decided to head back to Vancouver. We are going to miss her!!!! Al has been the central force over the past year who has built our facility Maai Mahiu, created so many quality projects and created a solid foundation for CTC. We could never have done what you see now as CTC without her. As an organization we are so thankful to have Al give her time and dedication for nearly a year and a half. A woman on her own in Kenya is truly inspiring, this place can be hard on people, but especially a woman. And that Al was able to get so much accomplished even against the odds is truly amazing. I have worked with her over the past 6 months and she's been a great friend and mentor. She has skills I wish to possess and hope to develop and has been truly welcoming to me. It's been fabulous sharing a house in Kabuku with her and creating so many memories!!! On a personal level I will miss her dearly and wish her all the best. I know that it's time for her to move on and she is going to be so happy teaching again. It's truly her calling! So Alison if you read this I love you and so does CTC and we appreciate all you have done for the organization. And I thank you for the great friend you have been to me. This is not the end "GIRL" so see you soon :)

And the exciting part, my bro is coming tomorrow night. I actually drop Alison at the airport and my bro arrives an hour later. All the way from good ole U.S of A. First time for him in Africa. It's going to be so special to be able to show him around and have some good adventures. The plan is to work a bunch in Maai Mahiu and then take a few trips. He's staying until just after New Years so here's to a good Dillon XMAS and New Years in Kenya. This country has no clue what it's in for .........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was at KSU today with Zane

I was asking about current pictures and information about the sho sho shamba and the gardens at Good Shepard.

Have you been successful at getting the drip systems working on private gardens?

Thanks

Herschel George