Sunday, July 5, 2009

Nate's Leaving






Don't know if you have heard or not but it's time for me to move on. It's a sad time for me but the right time to go. Jeremiah, the new director, is in Maai Mahiu and we have been working to transition him to the new role. I am sad to leave. We have built a family within MM for CTC. I have another week and then leave on the 12th of July back to San Francisco. I wanted to take this time to thank all of you for following the craziness in Kenya and supporting with both words and donations. I have been constantly humbled by all your support and love THANK YOU!!!!

Yesterday, we had a going away party for me in Maai Mahiu. Everyone connected with CTC was invited. Was so amazing to see all the children, women and community come out to say goodbye. It was hard. Hard to say goodbye to so many that I love dearly and have worked with daily to make something so good in Maai Mahiu. I know that Jeremiah is going to do a fabulous job and have so much admiration for him coming back and wanting to be part of his community. For those of you who do not know. Jeremiah was the manager of the big orphanage in Maai Mahiu who Zane , our executive director, first came to know and eventually gave CTC the opportunity to come into Maai Mahiu. We built the polytechnic school at the orphanage. Shortly after that Jeremiah went to the States to get his masters. He returned some weeks ago to run CTC in Maai Mahiu. It's always been the goal of the organization to have Kenyans manage CTC in Kenya. And we are there. I leave with a goal completed and CTC in good hands.

Thank you again for all your support and following this blog. Soon it will be over and my life will move in a different direction.. I hope to see you all very soon and catch up in person!!!!!!

No comments: