Monday, February 16, 2009

A Call For Your Help!!!!






Hello Everyone! I need to chat with you about a few things. This is a call for assistance. The orphans at Good Shepherd desperately needed a new kitchen. I have a included a picture of what the previous kitchen looked like. I know beyond belief. So Rocky and I scrounged together enough timbers and iron sheets (some re-used) to start a new kitchen. Nothing fancy, still a dirt floor and well not even all the walls on yet but it's WAY better than what they have. I have included a picture of what Rocky and I completed this weekend. The issue is we need a few more things to complete. All very little costs but CTC does not have the money. We are so over stretched at this point.

So here is what we need for the kitchen. 9 iron sheets for the walls and roof at 800 ksh each so a total of $96. And we need to build them a kitchen table for inside so there is a place to put the basics. That will be 4000 ksh so $53. I included a picture of what the current food prep table looks like. Not pretty.

And the third huge issue are the mattresses. I have included a picture of what the children are currently sleeping on. Yeah I know..not right. We need 6 mattresses at 1500 ksh or $20 each. A total of $120 for all six. There are also some odds and ends like new pots for the fuel efficient stove and some cooking utensils. But to be really honest I want to focus. We need to first three things ASAP.

I know life is hard now for all of you. This whole economic meltdown is horrible. And my call for help is not to make you feel bad if you can't be part of this project. I completely understand. CTC has always been dependant on individuals. We have no grants or institutional financing. So when it gets hard for you it's the same for us. If anyone is interested please send me an email. CTC and I would truly appreciate any support. Thank you!!!!!

No comments: