Friday, September 19, 2008

Personal Post :)




I see that my 3 posts today have all been about work.  Sure I'm a part of them also but why not a bit on some of the odd things that happen to me.  Well not all odd....

First, what a damn good fish.  Yes, this picture mainly is about me catching a whopper and bragging :)  Isn't that what men do?  Actually, it was a great fishing story.  I was invited to go to a lake on one of big coffee plantations by Sven.  One of my new fishing buds.  Well the day was really good for everyone else.  We were four in the boat, Sven, his dad Jan, cousin Kim and I.   They were catching fish like mad, nothing for me.   Well really I was enjoying my cigars and chatting with the group.  Ok Ok that is my justification for not catching fish.  You caught me!!!  But an hour or so before sunset Kim, Sven and I went out for some last attempts at hooking the big one.  They kept telling me how amazing these lakes were when they used to fish them.  Well, the two were a bit tired of fishing so I stood up to throw out my fly.  It was beautiful.  Sun was setting, birds were out in force and the water was glass.  We worked this cove for awhile and on a cast out to a little inlet.  

BAM!!!!!!!!

This big bass slammed a saltwater fly of all things.   What a great fight, under the boat, back to his home, but finally it was time.  Time to take a picture and let him go.  Ahhhh what a way to end a day.  And my first real fish in Kenya.  Life is good!!!!!!!  Thanks Verwiels for an amazing day on the lake.

Second, is a picture of my new head dress.  Yes well as I a now formally a Masaai and need to go hunt lions it's only proper I have a proper head dress.  Nah, really I bought it for my wall.  It's made of ostrich feathers.  But of course I needed to try it on with Julius's, our Masaai watch mans, Rungu to make it authentic.  Really I just like an idiot and it was a good laugh for Julius, Alison and Amber.  But what the hell, this is what you do when you have nothing better to do.

Lastly, I sunk a boat.  This picture says it all.  Nah not really I did not sink the boat.  Well not totally.  I was at the coast and well......I'll leave it at that........ Another "Nathanism"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Nathan!

Glad to hear from you. Looks like a nice fat bass there. I'm jealous. Haven't caught anything that big in years.

Happy to hear your safe and sound. I've been checking in on the blog from time to time to see how things are going.

Take care of yourself.

A. Green

zane said...

Nate-dogg,

Love the new posts brother! Keep up the great work. Really amazing stories. So pumped you're out there making a difference. Changing the world one person at a time!

Big love,

Z

el verde said...

look, my brother posted a comment :) thanks for the updates, seems like so much progress is happening with the projects. Great to see pics of the kids, especially my lil boyfriend George... can't wait to dance with him again.

send my love to everyone, miss you lots.
liz