Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Without women, what would a man do?

There's a song by Bob Marley , No Woman No Cry.  This can be true but over the past few days I've seen how for me it does not apply.  My good friend, work bud and roommate, Alison, reinforced that Nathan needs women generally to save his skin :)  So I returned home the other day with a car that has been a pain for CTC for awhile now.  But I have both financially and emotionally taken the project under my wing.  I am committed to making this beautiful beast work for us.  I had noticed upon returning home after a long time with the mechanic (a pain for a whole other blog) the central instrument lights had gone out.  Basically, my entire ride home I had no clue the engine temperature, which on Pajeros (car make) can be very dangerous due to over heating. And I could not use my blinkers or read any of the various panel instruments.  OK so I was sure that it had to be the work that the electrician had recently done on the panel.  I was searching playing with wires, being an idiot thinking if I shake wires it will solve a problem.  Such a Nathanism.....For those of you who really know me that is an obvious statement.  So after 20 minutes of me floundering, Al walks up and casually says "Could you have blown a fuse?".. I gave her one of those Nathan looks like "Are you F... kidding me?"  And if you know me well you get that also..... And yes take a wild guess, the damn fuse for the entire instrument panel had blown.    Now let me at least save some face and say it was due to a short in the work in the electrician's work........OK I'll stop no need to save face right?

Then it got better I was looking all around the house for my driving license that made me avoid check points all day so not to have to pay a bribe.  Yes, westerners, that is what happens here.  Sorry to say.....Well I looked and looked, was really frustrated, thought I had searched everywhere.  Al then says "Did you check your day planner?"  Which happened to be sitting on the dining table of where I had searched "around" many times.  And of course, yes you are getting the point, it was right there in the first page.  

As I think now there are various other examples already of being "saved" recently.  And I don't mean the religious kind.  I've realized over and over that though good old Bob may have had a point No Woman No Cry, for me I'd be lost without them.  Right now I know that my Mom, every girl I ever dated, Aunts, Grandma and the Shoreview Crew (especially the woman) are smiling and nodding.  Saying to themselves "Yeah duh Nathan".  But at least I realize it, isn't that worth something?  

5 comments:

mom said...

Praise the Lord! My son has seen the light! Thank you for the good laugh and most of all thank you for realizing what a women is about! The amazing part is you had to go all the way around the world to Africa to realize this???? Now get intouch with your femine side and stop loosing things! Love you son!

Marianne said...

Now you know why I was so afraid of you going to Africa. I thought you would get lost there. I am so Happy to hear Al is watching over you. Lord knows you need at least one women around. LOL thank you for the laugh :) Love you Nate.

Jacki Akins said...

Next time you find yourself struggling, just stop everything you are doing....look for a woman and life will be better lol Miss you and I enjoyed reading your blog about women. Love yeah! : )

P.S. Never underestimate Bob lol

Alison Costain said...

She sounds amazing this woman you are living with- perceptive and insightful in all matters mechanical, no doubt an excellent cook, a thoughtful and compassionate roomate= need i go on-are there no end to her talents? You are a lucky man indeed.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.